ABOUT THE BALLARAT CONNECTHACK...
A day hackathon using the ConnectHack format to better understand the role of blockchain the land and property management industry. There will be workshops and education opportunities as part of the hack and non-technical community members are particularly encourage to come and enjoy the day.
Morning Speaker - Tom Nash (Ethereum Expert)
Morning Speaker - Julie O'Donohue (Founder & CEO Next Address)
- 9:00 Arrival & Breakfast
- 9:30am Opening Remarks
- 11:00am Presentation of Business Problems
- 11:30 - 12:30am Ideation Experience
- 12:30 (Lunch)
- 1:30am - 2:30pm Solution & Pitch Development
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm Pitching
- 4:30pm Prizes, Refreshments
Problem & Data:
- Transfer of Land – Notice of Acquisitions: currently all properties sold in Victoria are required to lodge a Notice of Acquisition with relevant authorities such as Titles office, municipal council and water authorities. This is a physical form that each agency must manually process into their relevant systems. How can blockchain help streamline the movement of data such as purchaser, property and sale details to authorities? Details: http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/forms/notice-acquisition-interest-land
- Venue Bookings: How can Government make available their venues that are available for booking with relevant details regarding the venue, and utilize blockchain to take the bookings from relevant parties, ensure public liability insurance criteria is met, and post booking checklist criteria is met?
- ‘Womb to Tomb’: how can Government better meet the needs of their citizens throughout their life using blockchain? This can start from the Notice of Birth, Immunisations, Maternal and Child Health, Kindergarten right through to Aged Care. How can we stay ‘one step ahead’ to give them the information they require when they need it.